Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snowy Cabin













The picture was taken in 2011. I stamped the scene with Stampscapes and Staz On Jet black Ink. Then it was colored in with Distress Markers and then I manipulated the color with my finger to remove color and keep building the tones. A white gel pen was added for snow and to lighten dark tones.  I then sprayed the scene with Krylon Finish to protect it from fading. Dye ink tends to fade over time in light. So it is important to protect it with some type of clear protector. Plus it really enhances the color nicely with all various tones that are layered, as seen in this close up picture. I added a lot of various tones as you can see from the original photo. I usually like to add a living image to make a living scene. Okay I know I over think this way too much....lol. This photo I added a warm glow from the windows to make it appear that a family made this scene their home. It gives it a warm and cozy feel on a bitter cold day.

The picture to the left is a before and after. This will give you a better idea with what I was working with.
This is an entry for Craft A Scene.

The Stampscape Stamps are:
147 F Lakeside Cabin,196 F Pine Tree,
122 F Bare Branch

8 comments:

  1. Deanna, that is a stunning card, and I love the way you have used a real photo to assist the background. That is a technique I really must try. Thank you for joining us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card. I love Stampscapes stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna,
    This turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've created another great scene Deanne and shows how versatile the stamp can be.

    Thanks so much sharing with us at Craft a Scene challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great scene! Jusdt love how you work magic starting with one pic! Have a nice weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning Deanna, I love the way you incorporate photos into your scenes. Also you are very lucky to have such stunning scenery to photograph in the first place.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!! the scene is so beautiful!! how you do the branches look so nice. you created the depth into the image!!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture you started with and the outcome is really wonderful . Thanks for coming back for another round at Craft a Scene. NancyD

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for taking your time to comment. It really makes my day a whole lot brighter when you have stopped by to read or leave a comment.